Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Kansas KS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2009, 11:33 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
Does Kansas State accept the federal extension for corporations?

Yes, Kansas State does accept the Federal Corporate Extension provided a corporation has filed a timely federal form 7004 with the IRS for an extension of time.

Kansas requires a copy of that form to be attached with a completed K-120 Kansas Corporation tax return to automatically receive a six-month extension to file your Kansas return. As such, Kansas State does not have a separate extension request form.

If a corporation is entitled to a tax refund, an extension is not required to file the return after the original due date.

To pay the balance due for an extension, a corporation is required to use the voucher K-120V and check the box indicating an extension payment, and not paying this balance will result in possible penalties and interest.

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Kentucky State accept the federal extension for C corporations? TaxGuru Kentucky 0 01-17-2009 09:32 PM
Does Idaho State accept the federal extension for C Corporations? TaxGuru Idaho 0 01-16-2009 01:25 AM
Does Hawaii State accept the federal extension for corporations? TaxGuru Hawaii 0 01-15-2009 12:00 AM
Does Alabama accept the federal extension for S corporations? TaxGuru Alabama 0 12-18-2008 01:41 AM
Will Hawaii accept the Federal "Automatic Extension" of Individual Tax Return? TaxGuru Hawaii 0 10-12-2008 04:34 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning