Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Kentucky KY

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2009, 09:32 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
Does Kentucky State accept the federal extension for C corporations?

According to Kentucy Department of Revenue, "an extension of time to file a Kentucky Corporation Income Tax Return may be obtained by either making specific request to the Department of Revenue or attaching a copy of the federal extension to the return when filed."

So, Kentucky State does accept a timely filed Federal Extension whenever no payment is due. But, if a payment is made with an extension, Kentucky Form 41A720SL must be used.

The Kentucy Department of Revenue states that a federal extension submitted after the return is filed "does not constitute a valid extension, and late filing penalties will be assessed."

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Last edited by TaxGuru : 01-17-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Maine State recognize an automatic federal extension? TaxGuru Maine 0 01-18-2009 12:16 AM
Does Idaho State accept the federal extension for C Corporations? TaxGuru Idaho 0 01-16-2009 01:25 AM
Does Hawaii State accept the federal extension for corporations? TaxGuru Hawaii 0 01-15-2009 12:00 AM
Does Alabama accept the federal extension for S corporations? TaxGuru Alabama 0 12-18-2008 01:41 AM
Will Hawaii accept the Federal "Automatic Extension" of Individual Tax Return? TaxGuru Hawaii 0 10-12-2008 04:34 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning