Which taxpayers would not qualify to get a stimulus payment?
A frequently asked question is "Which taxpayers would not qualify to get a stimulus payment?" Per the IRS laws, taxpayers will not get a stimulus payment in 2008, if any of the following situations apply:
1. A taxpayer who has not filed a 2007 tax return.
2.The taxpayer's net income tax liability is zero and the taxpayers qualifying income is less than $3,000.
(To determine a taxpayers qualifying income, add together the wages, net self-employment income, nontaxable combat pay, Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits and certain veterans’ payments).
3. The taxpayer can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.
4. If either the taxpayer or the spouse do not have a valid Social Security Number.
5. Either the taxpayer or his or her spouse are a nonresident alien.
6. The taxpayer has filed any one of the following tax return forms in 2007, that is;
a. Form 1040NR
b. Form 1040NR-EZ
c. Form 1040PR
d. Form 1040SS