Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
How does a taxpayer order a Transcript of their Tax Returns?

The IRS provides a taxpayer the ability to "order a transcript(s) using IRS's New Order a Transcript application. Alternatively, the taxpayer can fill out the New Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcripts, (Form 4506T-EZ).

According to the IRS, "this streamlined approach will help taxpayers get their return information quickly and easily. If the Taxpayer needs information from other IRS forms, such as Form W-2 or Form 1099, they can use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to get it. This can be ordered from the IRS self-service line at 1-800-908-9946. If the taxpayers order's the form(s) by phone, they are requested to follow the prompts and select 3, then 1 to quickly complete the order."

Once the taxpayer gets the "transcript order form", they should complete it, sign it and send it to the address listed in the instructions. Either way, the taxpayer can expect to get their transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receive's a signed request."

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the specific requirements that a Taxpayer needs to satisfy in order to become eligible for the The Earned Income Tax Credit? TaxGuru Tax Credit 0 02-26-2012 11:34 PM
Must I amend my 2008 and 2009 tax returns in order to claim the Standard Mileage Rate and Depreciation for 2010? NewbombTurk Itemized Deductions 4 03-27-2011 10:09 PM
Where should a Taxpayer file their delinquent paper tax returns? TaxGuru New Jersey 0 06-08-2009 09:32 AM
Getting a Free Transcript of My Tax Return Information - Actual Copies $57 Each Samatg General 0 01-21-2009 05:11 PM
How can a taxpayer request copies of prior year tax returns? TaxGuru General 0 12-03-2007 10:39 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning