Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Incorrect State Tax Deduction


On my tax return it shows I had deductions for California state tax deductions, I live in Tennessee.

The reason for that is I went back to work for a company that I used to work for. Originally, when I worked for that company, it was in California so I was still in their system. Hence, they didn't update my address and for my first paycheck I was deducted for California state tax. It was for under $100. I had my work update my info, and refund this money directly to me.

My W2 shows this deduction though. Is it safe to just continue doing my taxes with this deduction showing or do I need to request a corrected W2 from my employer?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying transitional IRA deduction when filling tax in two state prasoonkc For 2013 1 04-16-2014 06:42 AM
State and Local Income Taxes Deduction NCvols Itemized Deductions 1 01-31-2014 11:12 AM
Incorrect filing yarcrew Miscellaneous 1 04-19-2011 08:46 AM
Split 1099 for state tax deduction after divorce dmajorsii Divorce Tax Issues 1 03-16-2011 07:16 AM
Incorrect 1099 lulu Income 0 02-07-2010 11:09 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.