Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Social Security Lump sum payoff

My wife received a lump sum payment for social security disability in December 2016. However a large portion of this had to be paid back to the insurance company that had paid her disability insurance. So the insurance company had social security take back their money out of our bank account in January of this year. My question is how do we report this so we don't have to pay taxes on the part that was repaid to the insurance company. We already paid taxes on this money in the preceding years.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
social security tax florida2001 For 2014 1 04-13-2015 04:26 PM
Social Security owehmeyer Income 1 02-19-2015 08:58 PM
Never had to pay tax on social security before. Why now? scrltlttr1 Social Security 1 01-29-2014 08:21 AM
Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits related taxpros For 2013 0 11-27-2013 03:30 PM
social security? tifyya Social Security 2 12-08-2011 03:08 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.