Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Connecticut CT

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2008, 01:58 AM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,399
Blog Entries: 3
Which Form should be used to file an extension for a Connecticut Corporation?

According to State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services "to get an extension of time to file the annual return, the corporation must file Form CT-1120 EXT, Application for Extension of Time to File Corporation Business Tax Return, not later than the first day of the month following the due date of the company's corresponding federal income tax return for the income year (April 1 for calendar year taxpayers).

Furthermore, "in the case of any company not required to file a federal income tax return for the income year, the extension request must be filed on or before the first day of the fourth month following the end of the income year. Payment of the total tax due must be included with the request. The timely filing of Form CT-1120 EXT will automatically extend the due date for six months."

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Form should be used to file a Connecticut State Corporation Tax Return? TaxGuru Connecticut 0 12-13-2008 01:31 AM
What is the due date to to file an Extension and what Tax Form must I use? TaxGuru General 0 04-10-2008 12:18 AM
March 17, 2008 is the deadline to file the Corporation Extension Form 7004. TaxGuru C-Corporation 0 03-17-2008 02:18 PM
How does a C corporation file an extension request? Roberto C-Corporation 1 03-14-2007 01:16 PM
How does one file an extension request for a C-Corporation? andri C-Corporation 1 02-22-2007 10:27 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning