Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3
How to reflect negative 1099-OID amount which is not in IRS record?

I purchased 10-year TIPS for which US Treasury sent me 1099-INT for year 2014, but not 1099-OID.

After asking US Treasury, they replied that they stopped informing 1099-OID with negative amount to IRS, hence, they don't provide 1099-OID to investor.

However if the investor want to include negative amount on their Tax, then consult IRS, but I am unable to reach a live person at the IRS.

How do I reflect the negative 1099-OID amount which is not in IRS record?

How do I show the negative 1099-OID amount. on form 1040, Schedule B?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Negative amount - Line 14 of worksheet for 1040 Line 44 lueykhala Income 1 04-10-2014 04:58 AM
Incorrect 1099 Amount and Many Unfiled Taxes bill1234 Miscellaneous 0 04-04-2011 10:15 PM
1099-R Taxable Amount Crisis QueenT Income 0 03-30-2010 11:42 PM
How to report the amount in 1099-B when I didn't sell any stocks on my own ? xtracrazy Capital Gains 0 03-27-2010 08:49 PM
Help With 1099 Sole Proprietor Tax Deductions and Record Keeping Keezee Income 1 09-28-2007 09:22 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning