Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
How to report the amount in 1099-B when I didn't sell any stocks on my own ?

I particiapted in ESPP (employee stock purchase plan) in 2008, so the stocks were bought on Jan-2 2009 for 15% discount. This disocunt ($785) was treated as income and some shares were sold by the brokerage company to pay the income tax ($257). Both these amounts are included in W-2.

I didn't sell any stocks on my own, but I received 1099-B showing the stocks sold, and the amount shown in column 2 is $276. I'm unable to figure out where this number came from, and how I should report it. Do I even have to report it if the whole transaction ($785 income and $257 tax) is already included in the W-2 ?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Only report 1099 income? frankly122 Sole-Proprietorship 0 08-10-2009 09:22 PM
1099-MISC income - how to report it? rrafferty Income 1 02-11-2009 12:18 PM
What's the IRS minimum compensation amount needed to issue a 1099-Misc in 2007? bpcombs Miscellaneous 1 08-29-2008 04:57 AM
How to report Loss- Stocks Bought in Dec 2006, sold in Feb 2007.. pruthik_21 Capital Gains 3 02-05-2008 04:49 PM
How do I report 1099-Misc Income? dreamiet Sole-Proprietorship 1 01-21-2007 01:23 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning