Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Living/working in a different state-where to file?

We were illinois residents, but my husband took a job in Ohio and has worked the entire year there. We decided not to move our family there, so I live in illinois with our kids, and he lives in Ohio and comes home on the weekends, when possible. I have no income, and all of his income was earned in Ohio. Do we still need to file an illinois return? Do we need to file as a resident or non-resident in Ohio? We own a house in illinois, and rent an apartment in Ohio.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illinois state tax Refund when not working / living cusack Income 3 01-14-2012 05:40 PM
working in RI..Living in Mass...box 16 ?? readmylips Massachusetts 0 01-25-2011 09:56 PM
Working and living in two states lynnkilby Filing Requirements 0 01-22-2010 08:57 PM
Working in NJ living in NJ NYGirl Income 0 04-20-2009 04:05 PM
Living in WA. Company in CA. Working in WA...state taxes? magnus Income 0 11-01-2008 02:19 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning