Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Dealing with Puerto Rico Witholding for Non-Resident Contractor

We are residents of the USA, in Illinois, and have a consulting business that does work in Puerto Rico as a contractor. Our PR clients have had to withhold taxes from our payment for services.

How do we deal with our PR income and withholdings on our Federal and State tax returns? We know if you are a resident in PR and earn money there or elsewhere you have no Federal liability.

Our questions

1. Do we have to file in PR?

2. Do we simply deduct our PR income from our Federal and state returns, effectively paying no fed and state income taxes on that money? Where on the IRS forms do we account for that?

3. Or do we instead deduct only the PR taxes paid from our Fed and state tax?

4. Does questions above NOT apply and is there some other way we can avoid double taxation--or not?

Any advice, help, insight would be much appreciated.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Puerto Rico Resident Return petragooch For 2013 1 04-12-2014 03:09 AM
Need help to identify my status - resident or non-resident alien ? shunmuga For 2013 2 03-26-2014 07:23 PM
Business closure and dealing with inventory lizbeth42 Sole-Proprietorship 1 02-22-2014 06:45 AM
quaterly witholding irs sarb007 Limited Liability Company 1 12-05-2013 12:06 PM
Live in CA...employer is in CT and my State witholding is in CT.. which state to file duck Income 1 03-06-2009 06:56 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning