Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

New Jersey NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
When and where should a New Jersey Partnership file an amended tax Return?

An amended Form NJ-1065 must be filed if an amended Federal Form 1065return is filed, or if the Internal Revenue Service changes or corrects any item of income, gain or loss previously reported. The amended New Jersey return shall be filed within 30 days of the date the amended Federal Form 1065 is filed or, in the case of a Federal audit, within 90 days after the final determination of the change. Where an amendment to Form NJ-1065 results in a need to amend the Schedules NJK-1, an amended Schedule NJK-1 must be forwarded to the Division of Taxation and to each partner.

According to NJ Division of Taxation, "an amended Form NJ-1065 and an amended Schedule NJK-1 for each partner must also be filed to correct any error on or reflect any change to the original Form NJ-1065, whether or not an amended Federal Form 1065 was filed for that year."

To amend your original Form-1065, check the “Amended Return” box at the top of the form. Complete the form entering the corrected information and attach an explanation of the changes.

Where should the taxpayer file the amended tax return?
According to NJ Division of Taxation, all amended partnership returns must be mailed to the following address:

PO BOX 194
TRENTON NJ 08646-0194

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How should a taxpayer file a Minnesota Amended S Corporate tax Return? TaxGuru Minnesota 0 09-14-2012 12:48 PM
What are the New Jersey Filing Fees for a Partnership Tax Return in 2011? TaxGuru New Jersey 0 09-07-2011 11:28 AM
Do I need to file an amended return? KLDanford Filing Requirements 0 10-08-2009 01:52 PM
Is it possible to e-File an Amended Tax Return? bookkeeping Miscellaneous 1 05-02-2008 11:12 PM
Can I file an amended return for charitable cash deduction? Bill Dennison Itemized Deductions 1 03-10-2008 07:10 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.