Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Minnesota MN

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
How should a taxpayer file a Minnesota Amended S Corporate tax Return?

If a taxpayer needs to correct a previously filed Minnesota S Corporation Tax return, then that taxpayer must correct it by "filing Form M8X, Amended S Corporation Return/Claim for Refund." According to Minnesota State, Taxpayers are requested "to use the most current version of Form M8X, no matter what year return is being amended."

1. When should a taxpayer file an amended tax return?
Taxpayers may file an amended return within 3½ years of the due date or within 1 year of the date on a tax order (bill), whichever is later. If you filed your original return under an extension, you have 3½ years from the extended due date.

2. How should a taxpayer file an Amended Tax Return?
Taxpayers must file Form M8X on paper. Taxpayers must enclose any additional lists of changes, amended schedules and a complete copy of your amended federal return (Form 1120S) and mail the amended tax return it to the following address as shown below:

Minnesota Amended S Corporation Tax
Mail Station 1770
St. Paul, MN 55145-1770

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I need to file an amended return? KLDanford Filing Requirements 0 10-08-2009 01:52 PM
When should I file my Minnesota State Corporation Tax Return? TaxGuru Minnesota 0 01-25-2009 09:10 PM
Which Form should be used to file a Minnesota State Corporation Tax Return? TaxGuru Minnesota 0 01-25-2009 09:07 PM
What form is required to file a California Corporate tax return? TaxGuru California 0 12-05-2008 09:39 AM
Is it possible to e-File an Amended Tax Return? bookkeeping Miscellaneous 1 05-02-2008 11:12 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning