Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Question 1245 or 1250 property to report on Form 4797???

I owned and personally lived in a condo for 2 years and then moved out and converted it into a rental property almost 3 years ago. This year I sold the rental property and am not sure whether it should be reported as a 1245 or 1250 property on the 4797?

Also if I have a loss on that property should it calculated on part III (the gains section???) of the 4797 and then transferred to part I and II of the form? That is how my tax software it having me do it???

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I spent about two hours reading different publications 540 etc. and cannot find the answers.:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1245 or 1250 property to report on Form 4797??? sima24 Rental Real-Estate 2 02-27-2011 01:13 PM
What form is used to report the Sale of Business Property? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 02-02-2010 11:44 AM
How does a taxpayer report a loss on sale of a rental property on their tax return? TaxGuru Rental Real-Estate 0 09-15-2009 01:33 AM
Deduction of property used in rental property mhrobinson3 Rental Real-Estate 4 01-20-2009 11:57 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning