Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Client Filed 1099 For the Wrong Year, Now What?

I just received a 1099 that says I was paid for services rendered in 2009, which is wrong - these services were performed in 2010, just recently.

I have a bank copy of the cancelled check with their date (1/10/2010) and I have email correspondences of them saying they just mailed the check,.. on january 12, 2010 ..

I am sure i can prove I am right, but I do not want to get audited and HAVE to prove it..

How should I handle this?


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrong 1099 Help ColoradoGirl Income 0 09-02-2009 07:48 PM
wrong address on 1099 pj13 Filing Requirements 3 02-11-2009 12:49 PM
Client Wants to Issue 1099-MISC - Need Help! hcunited Income 3 02-02-2009 01:42 PM
wrong income on 1099 chooglin Income 1 02-29-2008 03:44 PM
Wrong information on 1099? Garman Income 1 02-19-2008 12:50 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning