Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2016, 07:15 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Foreign Owned US LLC - no income tax - What do I file/report?


I am a Non-Resident Alien looking to start a Single-Member LLC to do Web Design in the US. The LLC will have no US presence, no office, with all the activities exclusively done from my home country (although the money is collected in an US bank account). My understanding is that this would be a Disregarded Entity and that this income is NOT US Sourced since this falls under "Personal Services", for which the Source is "Where Services are Performed", which is my home country. I believe this means I owe no income tax.

In this case, what do I file/report to the IRS?
Nothing? In that case, how will they know the money going through the bank account is legally not taxed?
Or should I file a 1040NR even though I owe no income tax?

Additionally, I'd like to know what other requirements are asked of me:
1) Do I need to file/report anything else?
2) Do I need to do bookkeeping? If so, do I need to file this bookkeeping?
Basically is there anything else I need to do or report in order to do this legally?

Thank you so much for any help! This is very much appreciated.

Last edited by John S : 10-28-2016 at 07:18 AM. Reason: -added a sentence

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax liability when selling on Amazon as a foreign owned US LLC bob76 Limited Liability Company 5 09-02-2016 08:31 PM
How to Report Rental Income on Co-Owned Condo With Son and Roommates mominthemiddle Rental Real-Estate 3 08-16-2015 09:36 PM
What IRS Forms are used to report federal income taxes paid on behalf of these Foreign Partners? TaxGuru Limited Liability Company 0 05-06-2013 02:38 PM
where do I report foreign income? jcordes2 Income 1 02-03-2011 03:37 PM
where do I report foreign income? anninohio Income 0 02-16-2009 04:31 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning