Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
where do I report foreign income?

My son worked in the US until August, 2008 and then moved to China to teach until June 2009. He was paid by a Chinese entity and does not expect to qualify for the foreign income exclusion. He was not given a W-2 or similar statement.
I understand he has to report the foreign income even without a W-2 but where does it get reported? Do we add the foreign income to the wages he earned in the US and report them all on 1040 line 7? Should I attach some kind of statement explaining why the total on line 7 does not equal the W-2s?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign Earned Income & Housing Exclusions for 2008 TaxGuru For 2008 2 02-26-2010 12:44 PM
IRS Reminds Taxpayers to Report Certain Foreign Bank & Financial Accts by June 30! TaxGuru For 2008 0 06-19-2008 12:37 PM
How does one qualify for Foreign Earned Income Exclusion & Foreign Housing Exclusion? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 05-06-2008 04:42 PM
IRS requires taxpayers report whether or not they have a Foreign Bank account! TaxGuru For 2008 0 05-05-2008 06:21 PM
What is the foreign income exclusion for 2006 for US taxpayers working aboard? altonkil Miscellaneous 1 03-29-2007 02:18 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning