Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
pay/write off

Hi, I use my mother-in-law who is 72 & retired(only receiving a pension and social security) to watch my kid's(12 & 11) after school. I paid her roughly $7400.00 in 2008. How should I claim her on my 2008 taxes. Do I have to pay taxes on her or would it be better for her to. I would like to try and get the child care credit($600.00/kid) but is it worth it if I have to or she has to pay taxes. Please help, thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vehicle write-off 2009 Limo Auto Expenses 0 01-21-2009 12:15 PM
Write Off New Rental Property in NYC???? fengshui_9 Sole-Proprietorship 1 10-02-2008 11:04 PM
What can I write off? myrei Sole-Proprietorship 2 03-10-2008 05:19 PM
What method is used to write-off software used in business? Majid Depreciation 0 03-03-2008 12:42 AM
Can u write off a loss on sale of home? mongrel Capital Gains 1 01-27-2007 12:01 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning