Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Illinois IL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,413
Blog Entries: 3
Does Illinois State recognize an automatic federal extension?

Illinois Department of Revenue will grant a Corporation an additional extension to file of seven months for corporations if the Internal Revenue Service grants an additional extension to the Corporation. If you do not owe any tentative tax, you are not required to file Form IL-505-B.

Illinois State will recognize an automatic federal extension, but a copy of the federal extension must be attached to the Illinois Corporation tax return when it is filed.

However, if the Corporation expects a tax liability to be due, it must use Form IL-505-B to pay any tentative tax due in order to avoid interest and penalty on tax not paid by the original due date of the return."

As with all States and "an extension of time to file your Form IL-1120 does not extend the amount of time you have to pay your Illinois tax liability."

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Georgia State recognize an automatic federal extension, form 7004? TaxGuru Georgia 0 12-24-2008 10:53 AM
Does Alabama accept the federal extension for S corporations? TaxGuru Alabama 0 12-18-2008 01:41 AM
Does Colorado State recognize an automatic federal extension, form 7004? TaxGuru Colorado 0 12-12-2008 12:09 PM
Does Arkansas State recognize an automatic federal extension, form 7004? TaxGuru Arkansas 0 12-10-2008 12:24 AM
Will Hawaii accept the Federal "Automatic Extension" of Individual Tax Return? TaxGuru Hawaii 0 10-12-2008 04:34 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.