Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Do I need an extension if I am asked for additional form?


I filed my taxes through H&R block in mid-March. I recently received a letter from the IRS that they need me to send in an additional form. It may take a few weeks to get the information I will need to fill out and send this form. So my question is do I need to request an extension even though I already filed because I won't get this form in on time? Or am I considered filed, and the additional form will take the time it will take?

For what it's worth, I will be owed money.


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Already filed an extension but I need to pay an additional amount. sadred5 Income 1 04-10-2014 09:11 PM
Asked to submit 1099 for interview expenses tcfx17 Income 1 12-07-2013 03:08 PM
People Affected By Boston Marathon Explosions Have Until July 15 To File And Pay; Additional Extension Available taxpros For 2013 0 07-15-2013 09:11 AM
What is Form 5329 Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans used for? TaxGuru IRA/Sep 0 07-26-2010 07:11 PM
What is the due date to to file an Extension and what Tax Form must I use? TaxGuru General 0 04-10-2008 12:18 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning