Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Immigration Status Changed

Hello everyone,

I entered the U.S. on a student visa (F1) in 2012. I got my green card just this week. So, my status has changed to a permanent resident. I am trying to figure out whether I should fill a non-resident or a resident tax return for year 2014. I was on non-immigrant visa the whole year but currently I am a permanent resident and here is the confusion. I would appreciate it if anyone can be of any help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USCIS Work and Immigration Fees justr8hr Itemized Deductions 4 05-30-2014 06:34 PM
What should I do if the IRS examined and changed my federal income tax return? reuben For 2013 1 05-25-2013 07:14 AM
Has New Jersey Changed the Tax Rates for 2011? TaxGuru New Jersey 0 01-15-2012 05:53 PM
Can an IRA characterization be changed?? rytec1 IRA/Sep 0 03-03-2009 01:02 AM
Changed from sole proprieter to LLC SBee Limited Liability Company 1 03-20-2008 03:54 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning