Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Can an IRA characterization be changed??

I have worked overseas the past 3 years in a tax free situation. During that time I invested monies into a Roth IRA which was matched by my employer (first 4%). I recently wanted to roll over my various accounts into one. I rolled my Roth Basic into a Roth, but was told my employers "ER Safe Harbour Match" would have to be rolled into a Traditional IRA. When I eventially use this Traditional IRA, I will be taxed accordingly, even though this was funded from an overseas taxfree employment situation. Can I do anything to change this situation?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I inform the IRS If I have changed my address after filing my 2007 tax return? TaxGuru For 2008 0 09-15-2008 11:57 AM
Changed from sole proprieter to LLC SBee Limited Liability Company 1 03-20-2008 03:54 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.