Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1

WE have a 9-30-14 year end so filing a 2013 tax return.
We have tax due so we want to contribute to a SEP. We have already filed our taxes. Can we file an amended tax return and fund the SEP? I know that you can file and extension and then contribute out to the date of the extension. But since we are a 9-30-14 year end does that make a difference and does it make a difference if we have already filed. Our tax guy did not tell us we could contribute to a SEP and we didn't think to ask. But we would like to reduce our tax bill by doing so now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue with refiling - deadline? jonsteele Filing Requirements 0 04-10-2011 10:08 PM
what is the deadline to file an amended1099 rakhee0291 C-Corporation 1 03-16-2009 10:38 AM
S Corporation Deadline roncarter17 S-Corporation 0 11-12-2008 10:48 AM
March 17, 2008 is the deadline for contributions to pension & profit sharing plans! TaxGuru C-Corporation 0 03-17-2008 01:26 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning