Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 1
Question what irs forms to file

My siblings and I owned a rental home for 5 years which we sold in March 2013.
It was sold at a loss, do I use form 4797 and transfer the loss to line
14 of 1040. As a result line 41 on 1040 is negative. Can I use form
1045 and get tax benefit from this situation. Are there any other forms
I need to file. Thanks for any help you can give.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taxes withheld in NY, NC and NYC. Not sure which forms I need to file. ljdmello Filing Requirements 4 03-22-2014 09:23 PM
What tax forms do I file for a c corp? MrJ71 C-Corporation 1 01-17-2012 10:13 PM
Where should a taxpayer file Forms W-2c and W-3c. TaxGuru General 0 08-20-2009 01:57 PM
MD LLC bought/sold townhouse in DC - do I file MD tax forms, DC tax forms, or both? Susan Limited Liability Company 0 02-05-2009 10:54 PM
what forms to file sushil t kapadia C-Corporation 0 12-13-2008 10:46 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning