Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Do I need to file 1099-MISC as foreign national

I am a foreign national and have rental property in US. During the year I have paid US contractors more than $600 for property repairs.
Do I have to submit 1099-MISC or am I exempt from this requirement as a foreign national?
I had a read of instructions for 1040NR and Publication 519 and nowhere it talks about need to submit it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Taxpayer Advocate Identifies Priority Issues for Upcoming Year; Reports on Exempt Organization Review Concerns taxpros For 2013 0 07-02-2013 09:17 AM
US Citizen paying foreign taxes have to file? kageglantz Filing Requirements 1 11-07-2010 11:47 PM
Paying foreign taxes - have to file in USA? kageglantz Filing Requirements 1 11-06-2010 04:03 PM
Where do you file your 1099-Misc reports in 2007? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 02-28-2008 03:02 PM
I Could Not File 1096 For Report Of 1099 Misc YOUNUS Miscellaneous 1 04-03-2007 12:57 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning