Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Question Returning to the USA


I am a 25 year old American citizen living in Israel since childhood. I have never filed an IRS form. Until last year, I was working in minimum wage jobs, so my income was very low.
In January 2007, I started my own business, which began only now (in 2008) to generate income, but I have had a lot of expenses so I have generated "losses" for tax purposes in Israel.
I will be moving back to the USA in 3 months, and would like to move my business there, hopefully transferring the generated losses as well.
My questions are:
1. Can / should IRS forms for previous years be still filed, claiming ~0 income?
2. For 2007, should I file as an individual or as a business? and does it matter in terms of the losses I would like to keep when restarting my business in the USA? How do I transfer the business' losses to the USA?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Jonathan Silo

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning