Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Dependent Claim for yr 2009

I filed my 2009 tax return under "Other married nonresident alien" along with ITIN application. Since the ITIN was rejected due to insufficient doc therefore received adjusted amount. Now that i have an ITIN, what forms do i need to fill to claim for dependent for yr 2009.
This yr my preparer filed tax return for yr 2010 for claiming dependent by just filling out the new 1040 NR and did not amend it (1040X).It was accompanied by 2010 1040 NR submitted copy and CP12 letter stating the adjusted return for reference for yr 2010 and copy of ITIN.I received the amount.
My question is I have to claim the dependent on 2009 returns what forms do I need to fill.(D0 I fill ot 1040X,neew 1040NR & 8843 )just do the same as preparer did for yr 2010 .Its similar as I am just asking for dependent claim but I do not have CP 12 notices to support except the account transcript which I ordered online.

Thanks for your patience in answering !

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dependent day care, can i claim poonrabu Tax Credit 4 08-01-2012 03:31 PM
Able to claim as a dependent or not? valewil5 Filing Requirements 1 02-27-2012 05:41 AM
who can claim dependent? Karabous Filing Requirements 0 02-17-2010 10:38 AM
college student under age 24-claim as dependent? nymbeaches Income 0 10-23-2009 06:18 PM
If 2 or more taxpayers claim a dependent in the same year, who would the IRS allow? ebenda Filing Requirements 1 02-26-2009 04:50 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning