What are the eligible requirements for a taxpayer to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit?
The following are some of the requirements for a taxpayer to be eligible for the earned income tax credit. These are as follows;
1. The Taxpayers gross income cannot be exceed the limit.
2. The Taxpayer must have a valid Social Security number.
3. The Taxpayer’s filing status cannot be “Married filing separately.”
4. The Taxpayer must be a US citizen or resident alien all year.
5. The Taxpayer cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
6. The Taxpayer’s investment income must be $3,150 or less.
7. The Taxpayer’s must have earned income.