Taxpayers that would be increasingly susceptible to AMT taxes if any of the following 5 conditions applies to them as follows;
- The Taxpayer is claiming several dependents.
- The Taxpayer is claiming a very high real estate tax and/or State and Local Tax deduction.
- The Taxpayer is claiming a substantially high amount of miscellaneous itemized deductions.
- The Taxpayer is exercising and holding incentive stock options.
- The Taxpayer is realizing significant long-term capital gains.
In order to determine whether or not a taxpayer is subject to AMT, the taxpayer may visit the IRS website and can use the "AMT Assistant," a tool that will determine if Form 6251 is needed to file.