Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Mistake on 2010 filing impacting 2011

I move a 401k to a traditional IRA in 2010 and mistaken identified as an ROTH IRA in turbo tax and it updated form 8086 with a deferred tax payment for 2011 and 2012.

I discovered this when doing my 2011 taxes and realized the large tax bill. Do I need to file an amended 2010 1040X for this situation? If so, do I need to file the amended 2010 before I complete my 2011 taxes identifying that zero taxes are due based on this adjustment? Should I amend the stated filings as well?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 taxes paid in 2011 brwwood S-Corporation 1 04-02-2011 04:52 AM
As part of the "Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 Tax Provisions, IRS allows increased expensing limitations for 2010 and 2011 for certain real property treated as Code section 179 property. TaxGuru General 0 01-31-2011 07:58 PM
Calculate Income Tax Year 2010-11 A.Y. 2011-12 Meena Income 0 01-10-2011 07:06 AM
What are the adoption tax credits and exclusions for 2010 and 2011? TaxGuru Tax Credit 0 12-22-2010 11:24 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning