Per the IRS, the following property does not qualify for Section 179 Deduction, as shown below;
- Property held for investment (section 212 property).
- Property used mainly outside the United States (except for property described in section 168(g)(4)).
- Property used mainly to furnish lodging or in connection with the furnishing of lodging (except as provided in section 50(b)(2)).
- Property used by a tax-exempt organization (other than a section 521 farmers' cooperative) unless the property is used mainly in a taxable unrelated trade or business.
- Property used by a governmental unit or foreign person or entity (except for property used under a lease with a term of less than 6 months).
- Air conditioning or heating units.