Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Client filed me as 1099 instead of corp-to-corp

Hi all,

I'm abysmally AWFUL at taxes, but have an accountant - so that *should* help.

In 2009, I created a new corp (Birdsong, Inc) and asked my client to change me to this corporation. I billed as this corporation, deposited all the checks into this account and paid myself as an employee with a W-2 at the end.

However, they apparently filed a 1099 with the government and now the IRS wants me to pay taxes against that. I'm not sure how to proceed - I think I'm needing a new tax accountant...he's kinda worried and I'm not sure why... :-(

Anyone gone through this?


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
customer sent my S-Corp a 1099-MISC gungadin Income 0 01-29-2011 10:16 AM
Client Filed 1099 For the Wrong Year, Now What? sadasiva Filing Requirements 0 02-01-2010 05:56 AM
1099 on S corp? mengyinwu S-Corporation 1 05-28-2009 03:52 PM
1099 in my name not S-Corp KkksMm1 S-Corporation 1 02-06-2009 09:34 PM
Client Wants to Issue 1099-MISC - Need Help! hcunited Income 3 02-02-2009 01:42 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning