Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,401
Blog Entries: 3
How can a taxpayer amend a previously filed FBAR?

Taxpayers who have previously filed a FBAR form can amend a previously filed FBAR by doing the following:

1) Checking the Amended box in the upper right-hand corner of the first page of the form;

2) Making the needed additions or corrections;

3) Stapling it to a copy of the original FBAR; and

4) Attaching a statement explaining the additions or corrections.

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
amend 1096 JC4284 Filing Requirements 1 03-19-2011 04:16 AM
Schdule B - FBAR needhelp123 Income 1 02-15-2010 10:22 PM
How do you correct a previously filed Form 941 if you have found an error? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 09-24-2009 08:19 PM
Previously Defaulted on 401(K) Loan; Status Now Disabled SeaMonkey Miscellaneous 0 07-23-2009 04:20 AM
Depreciation method for previously used assets used in business TaxGuru Depreciation 0 02-13-2007 10:04 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning