Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Omitted Income

My wife and I live in FL and own a business that had loss in 2009 of $317.000.

My wife runs the business and I am employed by a company located in Seattle, WA.
During 2009 I had two employers both of which ironically are located in Seattle.
While reviewing our 2009 tax return over the weekend I noticed an enormous omition in our income.
It seems that my current employer for whom I started working in March of 2009 as a consultant neglected to send me a 1099 for my $73,000 of income.
I guess when I looked at my tax return I saw "seattle, wa" on my W2 from my previous employer and just assumed it was for my current employer. (a stupid mistake for sure) Nevertheless, it's a large amount and I am hopefull that because we had such a large loss that there would be no penalties as we don't owe any taxes.
My employer on the other hand is probably going to be facing some penalties for not sending me a 1099 aren't they.
So, I need to amend my 2009 return and also send a letter to the IRS explaing the situation??
Any advice would be most helpful.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can I do if some prior year 1099-MISC income was omitted from a 2006 tax return? Pearl Income 2 05-14-2008 09:54 PM
70 Commonly omitted "Medical Expenses" that are allowable by the IRS TaxGuru Medical 3 04-15-2008 01:17 AM
What must I do if I omitted stock trade transactions on my tax return? JimiGood Income 1 03-06-2007 09:29 AM
I omitted some income from a 1099-Misc received in 2005, what should I do? awkan Miscellaneous 1 02-12-2007 07:51 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning