Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Recover difference in mileage rates?

How does one fill out form 2106 if your employer covers some cost but not all?


Drive from home to customer and back = 100 miles

Employer only pays .40 for mileage for anything above what you would drive roundtrip to office daily = 78 miles

employee can claim 22 miles @ .40

according to IRS can't employee claim all 100 miles @ .50 since he didnt go to office?

if so how do you fill out when employer does cover some?

Full year Example:

Total Miles on Car = 31286.5
% for Business = 78.30%
Miles Claimed Per Employer = 10904 @ $0.40
Mile Not Claimed = 13592
Total Business Miles = 24496


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IRS Announces 2010 Standard Mileage Rates Samatg For 2009 0 12-03-2009 03:53 PM
2009 Standard Mileage Rates For Business Mile Deduction Samatg Auto Expenses 0 01-12-2009 03:34 PM
New Auto Mileage Rates through Dec. 31, 2008 Samatg Auto Expenses 0 06-25-2008 12:59 AM
What are the 2008 Mileage Rates? TaxGuru For 2008 0 02-22-2008 02:59 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.