Which Taxpayers will not be getting a Tax Rebate check?
According to the IRS, taxpayer's woud not get a "stimulus payment in 2008, if any of the following apply" to that taxpayer;
1. The Taxpayer has not filed a 2007 tax return.
2. The Taxpayer's net income tax liability is zero and her qualifying income is less than $3,000. (See Note 1 below for how this is determined).
3. If the Taxpayer can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.
This would include "a child or student who can be claimed on a parent’s return."
4. The Taxpayer does not have a valid Social Security Number.
5. The Taxpayer is a nonresident alien, "files a Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040PR or Form 1040SS for 2007."
Note 1:How does a Taxpayer calculate his or her Qualifying Income?
The Qualifying Income for a Taxpayer is determined by combining his or her Wages, Net Self-Employment Income, Nontaxable Combat pay, Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits and certain Veterans’ payments.