Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
1099M Income and what tax year to report

1. The payer dated the check Dec. 31, 2007--I received it on Jan. 3, 2008.

2. The 1099M I received from him for 2007 includes the amount received in 2008.

I am planning on using that income as 2008 income. How do I properly report the lesser amount on the 2007 tax forms?

That is, received $5,000 on Jan. 3.
1099M states $8,000 for 2007.
$8,000 - $5,000 = $3,000 received in 2007, and reportable in 2007.

Am I correct that since I received it in 2008, it is 2008 income, even though the 1099M from the payer says he paid it in 2007? Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.