Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,401
Blog Entries: 3
What is the Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return?

The FUTA (Federal Unemployment Tax Act) Tax is "paid by employers to fund the unemployment account of the federal government, which pays employees who leave a company involuntarily."

Furthermore, the FUTA taxes are reported annually on Form 940 (Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return and the taxes are paid annually or quarterly, depending on the amount of the taxes.

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can they hold my tax return because of a federal student loan? collagejen Miscellaneous 1 01-24-2010 11:19 AM
Federal Return High, State Return Terribly Low hawks066 Estimated Taxes 0 03-23-2009 01:57 PM
Why is my federal return so low? strawberries404 Estimated Taxes 1 02-02-2009 11:54 PM
Do You Need to File a Federal Income Tax Return? TaxGuru Filing Requirements 0 02-13-2008 10:41 AM
Is the Property tax rebate (NJ) taxable on federal return? nilbos Income 1 04-11-2007 10:22 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning