Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Can I take foreign tax credit or deduct taxes paid on foreign investments in IRA?

I have investments in my traditional IRA that pay dividends back into the tax-deferred IRA. The foreign government taxes the dividend. Am I eligible for a tax credit or a deduction for the ~$1K in taxes taken by the foreign government?
I did not get a 1099 form. Will I need to contact someone to get the form?
Thanks for your help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign Tax Credit Carryover bdclark Tax Credit 3 11-22-2010 11:29 AM
401K - Taxes for Foreign Nationals Sonora IRA/Sep 5 04-14-2010 04:05 AM
How does one qualify for Foreign Earned Income Exclusion & Foreign Housing Exclusion? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 05-06-2008 04:42 PM
Why Taxpayers should review State Taxes paid in 2007 versus Sales Taxes Paid in 2007? TaxGuru Itemized Deductions 1 03-04-2008 08:18 PM
Where do I deduct the taxes paid for my Vacant Land Investment? SusanB Investment Strategy 1 01-28-2007 11:37 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning