What are the Top Ten questions that a taxpayer should ask their CPA?
The top ten questions that a taxpayer should ask their CPA at their first tax preparation meeting are as follows;
1. What professional licenses or other state licensing designations does the CPA have?
2. How long has the Tax Professional been in the business of tax preparation?
3. Do you have the knowledge and experience to handle my specific tax situation?
4. What are your professional fees? Do you normally ask for a retainer?
5. Do you outsource any of your work? If so, where is the work being done and have all the privacy issues being taken care of?
6. What is the review process and who signs the returns?
7. How much time will it take to prepare my tax return?
9. What percentage of your clients get audited?
10. Do you take participate in any additional technical training or do you regularly take continuing education credits?