Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
401k Foreign resident

I got transferred from a US company to its foreign subsidiary. However that required termination of employment in US and new employment with the subsidiary in the new country. Since I'm no longer a US employee, I was trying to rollover my 401k to IRA, however was told that per IRS rules I'm still considered an employee of the parent company hence can't transfer funds to IRA. Is this true? Can someone point me to an IRS publication. I could not find anything on IRS website on this subject. Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
401K - Taxes for Foreign Nationals Sonora IRA/Sep 5 04-14-2010 04:05 AM
401K and part year resident Fearringtonflash Income 0 05-14-2009 11:45 AM
401k Tax for Foreign Nationals, SS and Medicare Tax Reimbursement ukjh Income 0 04-23-2009 12:58 PM
How does one qualify for Foreign Earned Income Exclusion & Foreign Housing Exclusion? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 05-06-2008 04:42 PM
401K - Foreign Country Employees george IRA/Sep 1 01-16-2007 02:20 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning