Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Unhappy help just received a letter from our friends at the IRS

Hi everyone

We just received a letter from our friends at the IRS saying that on 2008 taxes we omitted 2 w2s which we didnot have at the time my bad, so now they say we owe them 3,500 and they have recalculated basically everything on the tax forms i filed for 2008 on one of the missing w2s they had wrong social security number for my husband. Anyway we will have to set up payments because i am not working and we are trying now to save our house so things are really tight. Will I be able to efile 2009 taxes as we now owe money on 2008? Can they not take money from the 2009 refund and put it towards 2008!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help, I received an incorrect 1099 ericbdavies Income 4 02-07-2010 10:51 PM
Please Help received fines from the city of New York jtramutolo C-Corporation 0 08-21-2009 09:42 PM
Severance/Bonus Pay Received From Another State aaronb Income 0 03-13-2008 12:40 PM
I haven' received my tax refund as of yet? Its been more than 6 wks what should I do? Tertard Income 1 05-27-2007 01:26 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning