Welcome Guest. Register Now!  



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
Question where do I send form 8379?

Where do I send the IRS form 8379 injured spouse allocation?
The IRS website that the link in the directions sends me to lists 8 separate addresses and I have no clue as to which one (if any) is the correct one.
I filed online, from the 19015 zip code , if that helps.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,091
aslongas you file your return as MFJ or after you filed your original joint return on paper/ electronically then, you need to send it to the IRS Center for the area where you live. For irs Center mailing addresses, please check your tax return instructions



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnhough View Post
aslongas you file your return as MFJ or after you filed your original joint return on paper/ electronically then, you need to send it to the IRS Center for the area where you live. For irs Center mailing addresses, please check your tax return instructions
That doesn't help at all, the IRS lists too many separate addresses :

These Where to File addresses are to be used ONLY by TAXPAYERS AND TAX PROFESSIONALS filing individual federal tax returns in Pennsylvania during Calendar Year 2018.


If you live in PENNSYLVANIA ...
and you are filing a Form ... and you ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ... and you ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ...
1040

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0002 Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910
1040A

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0015

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040EZ

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0014

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040-ES

N/A

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37007
Hartford, CT 06176-7007

1040-ES(NR)

N/A Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 1300
Charlotte, NC 28201-1300
1040V

N/A
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040X

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

4868

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0045

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37911
Hartford, CT 06176-7911

Form 8379 is not listed so I have no idea where it should go, and since I file online I haven't gotten instructions for 10 years



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWM2018 View Post
That doesn't help at all, the IRS lists too many separate addresses :

These Where to File addresses are to be used ONLY by TAXPAYERS AND TAX PROFESSIONALS filing individual federal tax returns in Pennsylvania during Calendar Year 2018.


If you live in PENNSYLVANIA ...
and you are filing a Form ... and you ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ... and you ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ...
1040

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0002 Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910
1040A

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0015

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040EZ

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0014

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040-ES

N/A

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37007
Hartford, CT 06176-7007

1040-ES(NR)

N/A Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 1300
Charlotte, NC 28201-1300
1040V

N/A
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37910
Hartford, CT 06176-7910

1040X

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999

4868

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0045

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 37911
Hartford, CT 06176-7911

Form 8379 is not listed so I have no idea where it should go, and since I file online I haven't gotten instructions for 10 years
a little bit confused in my opinion, the most accurate way is to contact the IRS for sure.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
I tried that, I don't have the time to sit on hold. I'm working during the only times they are open and I can't spare more than the time I get for lunch on hold



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWM2018 View Post
I tried that, I don't have the time to sit on hold. I'm working during the only times they are open and I can't spare more than the time I get for lunch on hold
As you can see th e instructions of form 8379 states that aslongas you

after you filed your original joint return electronically , need to send it to irs


for the area where you live; I guess you need to send it to
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Ogden, UT 84201-0002 if you are filing a Form 1040; if you file 1040X, then, you need to send it to Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Kansas City, MO 64999
you may send an email to them if yiou have a question,.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
Smile

Thanks. I came to the same conclusion Monday



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2018, 11:46 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWM2018 View Post
Thanks. I came to the same conclusion Monday
good luck~~



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
I guess I'll find out in a week or 2 if that's correct



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Ads
Reply

« Loan Payback | - »

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need to correct my allocations on form 8379 already filed tnsam75 Miscellaneous 1 02-25-2018 11:19 PM
Trouble filling out form 8379 MrsDaily Miscellaneous 1 02-05-2018 01:05 AM
Form 8332 - forgot to send ILIRS Tax Credit 2 04-30-2017 06:11 PM
Form 8379 20169 Miscellaneous 2 02-25-2013 10:18 AM
form 8379 kicki84 Miscellaneous 0 04-07-2010 09:54 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 
Individual
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 
Corporations
 » Payroll
 
Forum for CPAs
 
Financial Planning