Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2018, 12:31 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Form 1098-T

My son already filed his 2017 taxes and they were accepted. He is a full-time student and today he received another 1098T Form and his school announced that the other one was wrong (#5 - Scholarships or grants) and the amount was approximately $3000 more. We put in the figures and with this new amount, his refund is much less ($850 less). Since his school gave him the amount wrong in the first place, is he obligated to do an amendment on his return? Thank you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1098-t help! Sloth0708 Miscellaneous 1 02-01-2017 10:24 PM
1098-T help swillits For 2014 1 02-10-2015 01:08 PM
1098-t Breacher74 Miscellaneous 1 02-04-2014 01:01 AM
1098-t Mommasita_50 Income 1 02-16-2013 08:54 PM
Form 1098-T earl6521 Miscellaneous 1 02-03-2013 02:35 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning