Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Need help please

My name is Rick, I am/was divorced on the 26th of October of 2017, I changed my status at work from married claiming zero, to single claiming zero. Now I am told that I owe the IRS (Federal tax) some where around 1900 dollars because I divorced late in the year!? When I was married I paid Fed taxes as married and when I divorced I paid Fed taxes as single. I know almost nothing when it comes to taxes, does this sound right to anyone who does taxes for a living and knows far more about the subject than I do?

In a nut shell I divorced late in the year so the whole year got switched to single status taxes, that I have paid married status taxes. (Which is a lesser amount and now I have to make up the difference. If I understand this as it was told to me.

If anyone can give a simple yes that is correct or a no that is not correct, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,

Rick M.
5 FEB 18

Last edited by 7romero1 : 02-05-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.