Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
I haven't filed since 2009, how do I start?

I know this is a very in depth question which is why I decided to start here for some advice. I will try to give basic info to assist with the answer.

I live in California, had a home foreclosure in 2010, I am married and both my wife and I have had a short stint on unemployment other than that we have both had regular jobs, basic W2 withholdings. Through a couple of moves we have misplaced some W2's from 2010 - 2014. IRS has held my payroll withholdings to "single and 1" for 2016 and 2017, so I believe I have some good money built up in my favor, both state and fed. State of CA is now trying to attach my payroll to collect $3K.

I would like to make this right but I can not afford a legal team, $1K - $10K is just not possible. Can I just accept what IRS is saying I owe? Should I do that? AND, how do I go back and file those years?

I appreciate your time and advice.


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taxpayers must file their 2009 Tax Returns by April 15, 2013 to claim their 2009 tax refund, or else they lose it! TaxGuru For 2009 0 03-25-2013 02:49 PM
What to do if I haven't filed any estimated taxes and tax return for last year yet? MndD C-Corporation 2 06-27-2011 01:15 PM
The ARR Act of 2009 offers a Sales Tax Deduction for purhase of new vehicle in 2009. TaxGuru For 2009 0 07-03-2009 09:50 AM
Do taxpayers have to report Gambling Winnings if they haven't received a 1099-Misc? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 01-09-2008 08:33 PM
I haven' received my tax refund as of yet? Its been more than 6 wks what should I do? Tertard Income 1 05-27-2007 01:26 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning