Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
?'s got my head spinning

My girlfriend and I currently live in separate households. We are thinking of moving in together and as a result, renting her house. She has a two children (17 & 4) from a previous relationship and I have one (7) from mine. She is employed and makes 50k. I make almost twice her salary.

We obviously will be filing separately since we are not married. I figure I still file Head of household, but what does she file under? Does she claim her kids or do I? Do I claim her? What is the effect of the rental income on her house?

Unrelated to taxes, Her 17yo is also applying for college. Do you know if this will effect FASFA since he is not my child?

Thanks in advance if you can answer any of this.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Head of Household pascoea For 2016 0 04-09-2017 02:02 PM
head of household or single?? voicewriter For 2016 0 04-12-2016 09:51 PM
Head of Household kass72 Filing Requirements 1 02-16-2011 01:16 AM
Head of Household rphillips825 Filing Requirements 1 02-05-2011 09:09 PM
Head of Household rules mongrel Filing Requirements 1 01-28-2007 11:30 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning