Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Capital gain tax

Transferred my job with same employer due to shop closure. Because of the short time span I had to transfer out of state we were not able to sell the property so we decided to make it a rental. The tenants rented out our property for a total of 4 months and now we are deciding to sell the property. We have owned the property for a total of 33 months. Do we have to pay capital gain and if so do we qualify for a job loss / transfer reduction?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK to not use capital gain loss carryfoward if in 0% cap gain bracket? gahoman Capital Gains 2 11-14-2014 09:24 PM
capital gain naveen gehlot Capital Gains 0 02-25-2013 07:22 AM
Why is it beneficial to sell Capital Assets that would have a taxable capital gain in 2012? TaxGuru For 2012 1 12-05-2012 05:13 AM
capital gain jiten solanki Capital Gains 3 01-05-2011 03:56 AM
capital gain for RE in S corp? riven1950 S-Corporation 0 03-14-2009 03:30 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning