Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
1099-R with code P - How to handle?

I made contributions to my Roth IRA during 2015. Later, I withdrew the full amount before filing deadline in early 2016. The institution sent me a 2016 1099-R with code 'P'. There was no gain or loss on my contributions. What do I do with this 1099-R. It is only a refund of an amount on which taxes were already paid in 2015.

Secondly, do I need to file amended 2015 return even though I did not claim any deduction or report these Roth contributions in 2015?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Handle 1099's When Filing as a Qualified Joint Venture Tifkenjos Sole-Proprietorship 1 02-05-2015 09:23 PM
How to handle non-taxable income reported on 1099-misc playitnow Income 6 02-13-2014 03:32 PM
Change Distribution Code on 1099-R mvenneta Income 0 02-25-2009 10:07 AM
1099-R distribution code laurenann IRA/Sep 0 02-20-2009 05:39 PM
1099-R Distribution Code Question angiej Income 0 01-28-2009 09:18 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.