Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
1099 misc

I published a book on amazon's createspace which generated royalty for me. so they issued me a 1099 misc with royalty earning on it. When i was giving amazon my tax info, i wrote my LLC name, but they said, if i am the single owner of my LLC, which I am, then i must write my own ssn, and my LLCs EIN is not ok. So I did what they said, even if i consider this part of my LLC business. Now, how do I enter this income. On schedule E as royalty? On the schedule C of my LLC? or on a separate schedule C for myself? IRS publication 17 page 92 says that if i am a self employed writer, then i can enter on schedule C as an exception to the rule. well writing is part of my business but not only thing i do, so i am not sure if schedule E or C.. and if schedule C, to my name or to my LLC schedule C. note: the money i earned came to my LLC bank account.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1099-misc pmore33325 Itemized Deductions 1 04-06-2016 02:49 AM
1099-misc ebrown Miscellaneous 1 04-01-2014 10:51 PM
1099-misc mike0808 Income 1 04-09-2013 12:18 PM
1099 Misc. dolfan10 Income 1 04-04-2011 02:59 AM
1099 Misc kfloyd Income 0 04-14-2010 10:16 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.